One health hazard that is slowly catching up with asbestos exposure in number of people being affected by it is toxic mold exposure. Just like exposure to asbestos, mold exposure often comes from being in or working in buildings that contain this toxic growth. Molds grow in buildings over time, particularly when all the prerequisites for it to manifest is present.

Mold infestations do not happen overnight. Since time is part of the requirements for it to grow and flourish, this basically means that aside from there being moisture, the presence of spores, and the right temperature, it was left to grow unchecked. This also means that some negligence is involved in the infestation of mold in your building, and by extension, so do the health problems that come with it.

How Molds Can Make You Sick

The mold itself that grows in the warm, damp, and dark areas of your building is not toxic. It is the spores that are released from them that cause the health issues people experience.

Mold is considered toxic because of the spores or mycotoxins it creates and releases into the air. When inhaled by people in the building, these can lead to allergic reactions, asthma, and bronchitis. These can also result in fatigue, lupus, multiple sclerosis and a variety of lung complications.

The symptoms that indicate the presence of spores in the air of these structures include sneezing, coughing, and wheezing. Other symptoms that may emerge include dizziness, memory and hearing loss, and even acid reflux. The ailments that you end up with depend on your susceptibility to the toxic mold growing in your building. This also depends on the kind of mold that is infesting the structure.

There are a number of dangerous mold types that can grow in your apartment building or workplace. These include Stachybotrys , Alternaria, Penicillium, Aspergillus, Mucor, Chaetomium, Fusarium , and Cladosporium. It is the responsibility of your employer and your landlord to remove the mold that is making people sick.

What to Do When You Suspect a Mold Infestation In Your Building

There are ways for you to find out if your home is infested with moldy growth. One sign is when you find yourself with allergies while you are in your house yet are okay when you step outside. Another sign would be small soot-like growths that indicate mold growth that might be bigger in hidden places. If you notice a moldy odor in your home or workplace, this can also be an indicator that there is an infestation somewhere there.

If you suspect that your building has toxic mold growth, you will need to talk with your landlord or employer immediately about this. An inspection of the area where you first noticed the smell or where you experience allergic reactions will need to be undertaken. This has to be done as soon as possible to avoid the proliferation of the toxic mold.

What to Do When Toxic Mold Exposure Makes You Sick

When the mold infestation at your place of work has been left unchecked for so long and you develop serious ailments because of it, you might be eligible for compensation. The health and safety of workers is the responsibility of the employer, which is why when you get sick because of toxic mold, it is your employer’s duty to cover all medical expenses and losses suffered because of it.

The same goes for mold infestations in your apartment building. If your landlord does not address such an issue immediately or knows about it beforehand but does nothing about it, they can be held liable for it. When mold causes problems in an apartment building, not only is the landlord liable for medical expenses and loss of wages when you are required to miss work to recuperate, but also for the cost of structural repairs and cleanup.

Mold growths, and the subsequent ailments that come from exposure to it, is often deemed a form of negligence. Places of work and rental homes are supposed to keep these places free of contaminants that can cause people to get sick. This requires regular checking for damp areas that can encourage mold growth, proper ventilation, and listening to complaints that can point to a mold infestation.

If you think that your symptoms point to a toxic mold infestation, have yourself checked immediately. If your landlord or employer ignores your reports of a possible mold growth that is making you sick, you might have a legitimate claim for compensation. To find out if you can claim compensation for your illness due to toxic mold exposure, answer our questionnaire. Get your answer in a minute.

Don’t wait too long to find out if you are owed money for your woes. Claims for compensation come with a statute of limitations (SOL), which may be different in your State. Answer the questions in this form and find out immediately after if you do have a claim before your SOL runs out.

One health hazard that is slowly catching up with asbestos exposure in number of people being affected by it is toxic mold exposure. Just like exposure to asbestos, mold exposure often comes from being in or working in buildings that contain this toxic growth. Molds grow in buildings over time, particularly when all the prerequisites for it to manifest is present.

Mold infestations do not happen overnight. Since time is part of the requirements for it to grow and flourish, this basically means that aside from there being moisture, the presence of spores, and the right temperature, it was left to grow unchecked. This also means that some negligence is involved in the infestation of mold in your building, and by extension, so do the health problems that come with it.

How Molds Can Make You Sick

The mold itself that grows in the warm, damp, and dark areas of your building is not toxic. It is the spores that are released from them that cause the health issues people experience.

Mold is considered toxic because of the spores or mycotoxins it creates and releases into the air. When inhaled by people in the building, these can lead to allergic reactions, asthma, and bronchitis. These can also result in fatigue, lupus, multiple sclerosis and a variety of lung complications.

The symptoms that indicate the presence of spores in the air of these structures include sneezing, coughing, and wheezing. Other symptoms that may emerge include dizziness, memory and hearing loss, and even acid reflux. The ailments that you end up with depend on your susceptibility to the toxic mold growing in your building. This also depends on the kind of mold that is infesting the structure.

There are a number of dangerous mold types that can grow in your apartment building or workplace. These include Stachybotrys , Alternaria, Penicillium, Aspergillus, Mucor, Chaetomium, Fusarium , and Cladosporium. It is the responsibility of your employer and your landlord to remove the mold that is making people sick.

What to Do When You Suspect a Mold Infestation In Your Building

There are ways for you to find out if your home is infested with moldy growth. One sign is when you find yourself with allergies while you are in your house yet are okay when you step outside. Another sign would be small soot-like growths that indicate mold growth that might be bigger in hidden places. If you notice a moldy odor in your home or workplace, this can also be an indicator that there is an infestation somewhere there.

If you suspect that your building has toxic mold growth, you will need to talk with your landlord or employer immediately about this. An inspection of the area where you first noticed the smell or where you experience allergic reactions will need to be undertaken. This has to be done as soon as possible to avoid the proliferation of the toxic mold.

What to Do When Toxic Mold Exposure Makes You Sick

When the mold infestation at your place of work has been left unchecked for so long and you develop serious ailments because of it, you might be eligible for compensation. The health and safety of workers is the responsibility of the employer, which is why when you get sick because of toxic mold, it is your employer’s duty to cover all medical expenses and losses suffered because of it.

The same goes for mold infestations in your apartment building. If your landlord does not address such an issue immediately or knows about it beforehand but does nothing about it, they can be held liable for it. When mold causes problems in an apartment building, not only is the landlord liable for medical expenses and loss of wages when you are required to miss work to recuperate, but also for the cost of structural repairs and cleanup.

Mold growths, and the subsequent ailments that come from exposure to it, is often deemed a form of negligence. Places of work and rental homes are supposed to keep these places free of contaminants that can cause people to get sick. This requires regular checking for damp areas that can encourage mold growth, proper ventilation, and listening to complaints that can point to a mold infestation.

If you think that your symptoms point to a toxic mold infestation, have yourself checked immediately. If your landlord or employer ignores your reports of a possible mold growth that is making you sick, you might have a legitimate claim for compensation. To find out if you can claim compensation for your illness due to toxic mold exposure, answer our questionnaire. Get your answer in a minute.

Don’t wait too long to find out if you are owed money for your woes. Claims for compensation come with a statute of limitations (SOL), which may be different in your State. Answer the questions in this form and find out immediately after if you do have a claim before your SOL runs out.

Answer a 60-second quiz to qualify for injury compensation. Get Started Now